Bonga Points is a loyalty program unveiled by Safaricom to reward its customers for continued use of their services. This program is available to all Safaricom subscribers both prepaid and post paid. Customers earn Bonga Points as they use Safaricom services i.e. voice calls, data, text messaging and Mpesa mobile money transfer service.To enjoy the Bonga Points service, customers are required to register for the program and start earning Bonga Points immediately. To get 1 Bonga Point, customers have to spend Kshs.10 on Safaricom services mentioned earlier; the more Bonga Points a customer gets, the bigger are rewards.
The rewards in the Bonga Points scheme include Data, Talk time, text messages, MMS bundles, phones, modems, laptops and other accessories available at Safaricom retail outlets. If you reach the minimum Bonga Points required to redeem a reward, you can redeem using your phone or visit their retail outlets depending on the reward.
How to Enroll and activate Bonga Points Service
The following Bonga Points options are available by dialing *126# on your mobile phone;
i. Enrolling to the Bonga Points service, you will receive 10 free Bonga Points for joining the program.
ii. Checking your Bonga Points, you can also send a text message with the word Bonga to 124
iii. Redeeming your Bonga Points
How to Redeem your Bonga Points
1. Dial *126# on your mobile phone to receive the following options;
· Inquire for Bonga Points
· Redeem Bonga Points
· Enroll to Bonga
- Reply with option 2 and select the desired choice.
- To go directly to the rewards menu, dial *126*2#
- A list of available rewards will be displayed, redeem depending on the number of points you have accumulated.
· Reply with your desired choice.
· You will get a confirmation text message i.e. "You have redeemed 100 points for 4 free SMS. Your new points balance is 200."