Bharti Airtel Kenya intents to fast track its Airtel money Pesa Mkononi mobile banking service in Kenya to enable its subscribers send and receive money through their mobile phones. Safaricom Mpesa mobile service has ever since been a major dominant in mobile cash transfers; however, the integrated ability to send money to subscribers on other networks through Airtel money pesa mkononi is expected to give Bharti Airtel Kenya an edge over its major rival Safaricom.
- Write a new text message with the word Airtel Money and send to 455 to activate your Sim card
- You will receive Airtel Money menu on your handset and if this doesn’t happen, visit the nearest Airtel center or Airtel Money agent for a Sim swap
- Visit any Airtel Money agent or Airtel center with a photocopy of your national identification card or passport
- You will then be given Airtel Money customer registration form which must be filled and returned to agent who will confirm your registration and direct you on how to use Airtel Money Pesa Mkononi accordingly.
- After completion of the above procedure, you will be able to deposit money to your Airtel Money account free; to send and withdraw cash will attract Ksh.25 fee across all networks.
- Pay KPLC bills, HELB loans, Kenya Airways tickets, KPLC prepaid tokens, Dstv bills, Nairobi water bill and bank transactions.
Get more tech and gadget review information from Tuvuti