Purchasing a new flat screen television set could be costly to the extent that your budget may not handle; however, if you have an old computer monitor, a reasonable one time investment is required to convert it into a full fledged television set. The computer monitor need not be old, a new monitor in use can as well be converted into a television set while its still attached and used on your computer. Another option for converting your computer monitor into a TV is through a TV tuner card; however, in this case, the CPU will still be used to access your favorite TV channels.
- Consider the available internal and external TV tuner which can be used on a computer system. Major components to look for include; HD, DVI, Component video, stereo, s-video, surround sound and other relevant features. Internal TV tuner card must be compatible with your computer’s expansion slots.
- Incase your computer monitor has coaxial input , RCA input, or S- video input a regular TV tuner should work just fine. These components can be found at the back of your monitor; in many cases they are usually clearly marked to distinguish from each other. If you’re your computer monitor lacks these components, other available options include;
- TV tuner cards compatible to VGA cable of your computer
- TV motherboard to replace monitor motherboard
- Internal/External TV tuner cards attachable on expansion slots or USB ports of your computer
- Connect your TV tuner card depending on supported connection method i.e. S-video or VGA cable.
- Connect TV tuner audio output to computer speakers input or connect external speakers in the same manner.
- Install a TV tuner antenna to have a better reception of available free to air channels.
- Scan and store available television channels
- Hybrid TV tuner cards are the best; however, a little costly than digital and analog tuners due to their ability to receive both digital and analog signals.
Get more tech and gadget review information from Tuvuti