Internet connectivity on your computer can be achieved using various methods and hardware. A data enabled mobile phone can be used to connect broadband internet on your computer and work perfectly as a modem would. In today’s era, there are data enabled handsets which support high speed internet connectivity speed such as 3G and 4G and can be utilized to access high speed internet on your computer.
- Dial up connection
- From the control panel, open network connections
- Select create a new connection
- A new connection wizard will be displayed, choose connect to the internet and click next
- Choose set up my connection manually and click next
- Select connect using a dial-up modem and click next
- Type the name of your ISP example in Kenya for Safaricom type Safaricom and click next.
- Depending on your location, type Phone number in Kenya type *99***1#
- Leave username and password fields empty and click next then finish, Enjoy internet on your computer using a mobile phone
- PC Suite
- Depending on your phone model i.e. Nokia or Motorola, connect the USB cable to the phone and computer
- Launch internet by clicking on internet icon on the PC suites interface. Enjoy internet on your computer.
- From the applications/utilities, open Bluetooth set up assistant
- Pair your mobile phone to computer and select option to access internet with your phones data connection and choose the appropriate connection method
- Enter connection settings for your provider i.e. Safaricom, Airtel, Orange, Yu. And select the right modem script for your phone. Enjoy internet on your computer.
Get more tech and gadget review information from Tuvuti